Welcome to Australia’s Toughest Cars…! Here, you will be getting all the necessary information, guides, tips and News related to the Car and other vehicles.
We know, people are interested in various things related to the cars and other vehicles, but from our point of view, the safety and security of the cars and other vehicles is the most important thing to cover and deliver first.
So, here on our home page, we gonna cover some Car safety and Security tips…!
For other guides, information, news and updates, you can checkout our categories above.
Safety of Your Cars & other Vehicles
The safety and security of cars and bikes consists of a set of design and operational properties that reduce the likelihood of an accident, and more. One of the main tasks of ensuring the safety and security of vehicles is to reduce the negative impact on the environment and reduce the severity of consequences.
Car Safety and security depends on three important characteristics of the vehicle: size and weight, passive safety equipment that helps to survive an accident and avoid injury, and active safety equipment that helps to avoid road accidents.
There are several types of vehicle safety:
1) Active safety ;
2) Passive safety ;
3) Post-accident safety ;
4) Environmental safety ;
All car-producing countries are obliged to develop documents and legislation that regulate the relationship between various elements of the safety of cars and vehicles.
The existing UN-ECE has established an ad hoc committee that is responsible for resolving the issue of vehicle and vehicle safety at the international level. In 1948, an agreement was signed and adopted on the adoption of uniform conditions of approval. In accordance with this agreement, the participating countries are required to:
1) Develop and adopt unified recommendations on the requirements for the parameters of vehicles and assemblies installed on the car , as well as methods for testing the safety of vehicles.
2) In accordance with the established procedure, carry out tests and checks of components and assemblies on the car according to the appropriate accepted methodology, for compliance with regulatory requirements.
3) Based on the test results, assign the approved approval marks (the approval mark is applied to the units and assemblies of the vehicle). The mark contains information about the country where the test was carried out, the number of the official document of the test carried out, the number of the UN-ECE regulations.
ACTIVE Safety of Car and Other vehicle
Active vehicle safety is the properties of a car or vehicle that are used to reduce the likelihood of an accident (traffic accident).
To ensure active safety , the vehicle is endowed with several properties that help the driver to drive safely (accelerate, brake, maneuver without much effort).
Active safety properties :
- Traction properties of the vehicle;
- Braking properties of the car;
- Vehicle stability;
- Vehicle handling;
- Vehicle cross-country ability;
The combination of traction and braking properties of a car is called the dynamic properties of the car (vehicle dynamics).
PASSIVE SAFETY of a Car or Vehicle
Passive vehicle safety is the properties of a car or vehicle that are used to reduce the severity of the consequences of an accident.
Passive security is external and internal.
Requirements for the external passive safety of the vehicle:
1) Structural implementation of the assembly of the car body and its components so that in the event of an accident, the likelihood of injury to a person is minimized.
2) Implementation of external elements of the car structure in accordance with the rules of passive safety , for example: an accident-proof bumper, recessed door handles, a safe shape of the car hood profile, reducing the number of gripping elements of the car to a minimum, the use of plastic parts.
Requirements for the internal passive safety of the vehicle:
1) Create conditions under which a person can easily withstand significant overloads in motion .
2) To exclude as much as possible traumatic elements in the car interior.
An analysis of road accidents showed that the main majority of those killed in a collision of vehicles are people sitting in the front seats. Therefore, when ensuring safety inside the passenger compartment, the main focus is on the front passenger and driver.
To preserve the life support area, the structure and rigidity of the body are made in such a way that the deformation of the passenger compartment is minimal.
The following measures are taken to ensure internal security :
- Ability to move the steering wheel and steering column with shock absorption with an even distribution over the surface of the driver’s chest.
- Reliability of door locks to exclude the possibility of passengers falling out.
- Availability of restraining and protective equipment (seat belts, head restraints, airbags).
- Lack of traumatic elements in the cabin.
- Installation of safety glasses.
Car or Vehicle POST-ACCIDENTAL SAFETY
Post-accident safety of a car or vehicle is the property of the car’s structure not to interfere with the evacuation of passengers and the driver, ensuring the least injury risk .
Post-accident safety consists of:
1) Fire-fighting measures;
2) Evacuation of people;
3) Emergency alarm.
The most terrible and difficult consequence of an accident is a car fire. Fire usually occurs in severe accidents. A car fire causes complete destruction of the car and increases the likelihood of death if it is impossible to evacuate them.
Therefore, when designing a vehicle, the following rules are followed:
1) The tank is located farther from the engine, behind;
2) Install an automatic shutdown of the source of electricity in case of an accident;
3) Provide fire safety of fuel tanks and fuel lines;
4) Install devices for emergency evacuation of people from the car after an accident;
5) Installation of fire extinguishers.
ENVIRONMENTAL SAFETY of a Car
Environmental safety of a car is a property of reducing the degree of harmful effects on the environment.
The environmental safety of a car consists of the following fundamental parts:
1) Loss of useful area of the Earth;
2) Air pollution;
3) Use of natural resources;
4) Noise and vibration;
5) Destruction of flora and fauna;
6) Radio interference.
Our Tips To Increase your Car Safety and Security
We suggest you to use the proper traffic rules and have all the required documents with you all the time.
And keep your car maintenance tip top.
However, there are many external devices too that are available in the market today to increase your car or any vehicle security and safety.
The most important among them are the Car security alarms and the Car security cameras.
Car Security cameras
You should definitely use a car security camera in your vehicle or car you can say. Maybe you won’t be feeling the need to use a car security camera now but trust us, one day, you will definitely thank us and will realize that how much it is to use a car security camera.
There could be so many cases where a car security camera would help you in so many ways.
It could help to catch accidents fault and victims footage. Also, these car cameras can help you to catch the burglars breaking into your car or vehicle.
But the thing is the car security camera must be a qualitative one and reliable too. There are many guides available to choose a good one and you can read one among them on Dk security.
Car Security Alarms
Similar to car security cameras, the car security alarms are also important for your vehicle. It would also help you to avoid the burglars to break into your car.
Or even if you are away from your vehicle or car, if someone hits your car, the car alarm will ring up and you will get notified.
So, always drive safely no matter whichever vehicle you are driving then only everything is good and out site too.